Part I: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm | Audience Q&A: 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
Program Chairs: Kymberly Watt, Deniz Balci, and James Findlay
Continuing Education Credits: Up to 5.50 CME Credits Offered | Up to 5.50 ABIM MOC Points Offered | Up to 5.50 Contact Hours Offered
With the continuing demand for liver transplantation in the face of a limited organ supply, optimization of care at all stages of the transplant continuum is necessary. This program aims to provide participants with current information on relevant topics across the transplant process to assist in achieving that goal.
- Understand the utility of living donor liver transplant, organs with chronic viral infection, machine perfusion and social media in enhancing transplant access.
- Expand the knowledge about evolving concepts in perioperative risk management such as cirrhotic cardiomyopathy and extracorporeal organ support.
- Apply a universal approach to post transplant long term care involving prevention of organ damage and malignancy and infection-related travel risk.
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Session I: Enhancing Access to Transplant
- Welcome and Introductions; James Findlay
- Living Donor Liver Transplant in the Critically Ill Patients; Mark Cattral
- When to Use Grafts with Chronic Viral Infections; Marina Berenguer
- Heart – Liver Combined Transplants, Does the Patient Really Need aNew Liver? Marina Serper
- Kidney– Liver Combined Transplants, Does the Patient Really Need a New Liver? Sumeet Asrani
- Debate: How Far Can We Go with Social Media as a Source for Liver Donors?; PRO Speaker: Nazia Selzner, CON Speaker: Whitney Jackson
Session II: Peri-operative Risk Assessment and Management
- Redefining Cirrhotic Cardiomyopathy and Cardiac Risk: Impact on Peri- and Early Post-Transplant Outcomes; Manhal Izzy
- Extracorporeal Organ Support in ALF and ACLF; Mitra Nadim
- Integrating Palliative Care in the Management of ESLD Patients; Puneeta Tandon
- Management of Small for Size in LDLT; Deniz Balci
Session III: The 10 Years After Transplant
- Debate: Transition Clinic from Pediatric to Adult Transplant Hepatology; PRO Speaker: Nitika Gupta, CON Speaker: Deepak Joshi
- Protecting the End-organs for theLong-haul; Lisa VanWagner
- Strategies for Malignancy Prevention in Liver Transplant Recipients; Kymberly Watt
- Infection in the Immunosuppressed Traveler; Paritosh Prasad
Audience Q&A (Live)
Scheduled in live program for Monday, November 16 from 2 pm – 3:30 pm