The focus of the 2020 AASLD/ASGE Postgraduate Course is the role of endoscopic interventions, and how they may be used to enhance medical and surgical management of patients with hepatobiliary diseases. In an engaging debate format, experts will discuss challenging and sometimes controversial patient cases and topics. Participants are encouraged to interact with faculty during the debates and panel discussions.
- Discuss ways to manage patients with gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to portal hypertension according to accepted standards of care.
- Evaluate the appropriate work up of a patient with an indeterminate bile duct stricture.
- Interpret novel diagnostic tests in the evaluation of bile duct strictures.
- Describe the applications and limitations of ERCP in a patient who has undergone a liver transplant.
- Recognize the role of advanced endoscopic techniques in diagnosing and managing hepatobiliary disease.
- Evaluate the different endoscopic options for gallbladder and biliary drainage