Scheduled Time in Program 9 am – 12 pm | Live Audience Q&A 2 –3:30 pm
Program Chairs: Michael J. Levy, MD and Jennifer J. Telford, MD
Co-Provided by: American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
Continuing Education Credits: Up to 4.25 CME Credits Offered | Up to 4.25 ABIM MOC Points Offered
The goal of the 2020 AASLD/ASGE Postgraduate Course is to discuss the role of endoscopic interventions and how best they can be used to enhance the medical and surgical management of patients with hepatobiliary diseases. We will rely on an engaging debate format with discussion of challenging and sometimes controversial patient cases and topics. The course participants will be exposed to and encouraged to interact with the experts during the debates and panel discussions.
- Discuss ways to manage patients with gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to portal hypertension according to accepted standards of care.
- Evaluate the appropriate work up of a patient with an indeterminate bile duct stricture.
- Interpret novel diagnostic tests in the evaluation of bile duct strictures.
- Describe the applications and limitations of ERCP in a patient who has undergone a liver transplant.
- Recognize the role of advanced endoscopic techniques in diagnosing and managing hepatobiliary disease.
- Evaluate the different endoscopic options for gallbladder and biliary drainage
Session I: EndoscopicDebates and Issues
- Debate: Management of Gastric Varices: EUS vs. Standard Endoscopy; Kenneth Binmoeller, Richard Wong
- Lecture: A Surgeon’s Dos and Don’ts for the Endoscopist: Tumor Staging, Drainage in Resectable vs. Unresectable Tumors, Managing Post-Transplant Complications; Julie Heimbach
- Salvage Gallbladder and Biliary Drainage: ERCP (Trans-papillary) vs. EUS (Trans-duodenal); Seng-Ian Gan
- Lecture: Post-Transplant ERCP: Colonoscope, Balloon Enteroscopy, EUS? Prabhleen Chahal
Session II: Non-Endoscopic Based Debates and Issues
- Debate: Advanced Endoscopic and Cytologic Techniques for Bile Duct Strictures: Increased Clarity or More Uncertainty? Raj J. Shah, James Tabibian
- Debate: IgG4 Cholangiopathy: Pursue at All Costs or Barking-up the Wrong Tree? Suresh Chari, Gideon Hirschfield
- Lecture: AI: Improving Intelligence or Simply Artificial? Neil Marya
Audience Q&A (Live)
Scheduled in live program for Monday, November 16 from 2 pm – 3:30 pm